Connectivism
My network has changed the way I learn based on the relationships I have at work as well as with my peers at my educational institution. Technology has enhanced they way I communicate with co-workers as well as my peers at Walden University. On one side of my mind map I represent my work experience which I learn by communicating with co-workers. We all communicate about certain issues that arise while dealing with Anti-Money Laundering. This communication creates an opportunity for the training of employees on the policies that must be followed. This training may be provided on a one on one basis or by group meetings. On the other side of my mind map I represent communication with peers at school, and my immediate friends. The knowledge that I gain outside of work is different from the knowledge gained at work. My peers at Walden U are individuals that I have never met, but collaborate with on a regular basis to get an understanding of the knowledge being presented to us. Thanks to technology, I am able to communicate with some of the most intelligent individuals in the world through an online environment. We communicate using several different technologies in an effort to achieve a common goal. Prior to the availability of online courses, I had to travel long distances to attend classes, now I can learn in the privacy of my own home.
Technology has impressed me with the creation of online libraries. The online library at Walden U has a wealth of knowledge on many topics that are provided to the students. The library has several articles, books, and other relevant documents for the students to research. You no longer have to go out of your home in bad weather or deal with traffic because you have a report to complete. The online library has all the information needed, including help on how to cite the sources you use in your report.
Hello Mr. Branch,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your blog. It gave me better insight on networking. I had been thinking on a mega level of networking rather than considering my network. Thanks.